SEO techniques are widely used by most of the websites to increase their visibility on search engines. Business websites are focussing more and more on SEO techniques in order to increase visitors on their site according to marketing by SEO Shark. More the visitors, higher chances of selling goods and services, hence higher the profits.
There are three different kinds of Search Engine Optimization techniques, which can be used by the website to get a higher ranking on search engines.
- White Hat SEO: one of the most commonly used SEO technique is White Hat technique. It is best suited for websites which adhere to the guidelines set by the search engines. It might take some time in getting the desired results but provide steady and long-lasting results. Some of the techniques used under White Hate SEO to increase the website’s visibility are:
- Development of High-quality content
- Website HTML optimization
- Website restructuring
- Manual outreach.
- Black Hat SEO: This technique is known for giving faster results; however, favorable results are generated only for a short period of time. This technique works on the basis of finding the loopholes in the search engines and the algorithms and work accordingly. The technique does not follow the guidelines laid by search engines and hence have a risk factor associated with them. In some cases the website or the content is either demoted by search engines or in the worst scenario may get completely banned. Some of the techniques used under Black Hat SEO category includes:
- Hidden link or text
- Link spam’
- Keyword stuffing
- Grey Hat SEO: As the name suggests, this technique is a combination of both White Hat and Black Hat SEO techniques. The procedures used under this technique are not completely against the guidelines of search engines. Some of the technique used in this category are:
- Spun content
- Link pages
- Paid review
It is very important for website owners to understand the pros and cons of each technique before deciding on the SEO technique they want to use.